Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ee's a miserable git

That BondBloke, that is. You would have thought he would be grateful to be taken out for the afternoon, distracted from his worries, given some necessary exercise, etc. etc. And all he can do is insult my camera and my photographs and complain about the "torture". Since it has been me with the dodgy knees for the last six months or more, not him, you'd think he'd have sympathy for me. However, I should admit that I am certainly stiff too.

Well I think this little picture of him striding on ahead without regard for my interests tells you everything you need to know. The rest can be found here on Flickr. They're not that bad, honest. I don't know why he has to diss my camera...

Surprisingly, this was our first time on the Pentlands since we arrived here more than twelve months ago. And they are certainly proper hills and all that, but also remarkably quiet. Today wasn't such a lovely day as last Sunday, but it was a perfectly respectable day for walking, so I thought that somewhere as close to the city as Hillend would be rather busier than it was. Well, I am certainly not complaining. Next Sunday I shall be in Ann Arbor, Michigan (hopefully - and not in an American prison cell), preparing for the lectures I have to give there during the following week. So it was great to get some Scottish fresh air on the weekend before I leave.

Before leaving I thought it would be a good idea to upload all my Dubrovnik photos (see here); and I decided to take the opportunity afforded by sorting out my photos to entertain you with this - a photo of Junior Bond (the one in the black shorts) enjoying a successful adult senior boxing debut in Edinburgh earlier this week. Now there's a difficult one for all the mothers out there. What would you do if your son decided he wanted to do this? I suppose it is better than smashing up bus shelters and robbing grannies, but possibly not that much better. It's a shame Jane is away in Dubrovnik, because I am sure she would have something to say about this.

8 Comments:

Blogger BondBloke said...

Having told someone who was saddened by being unable to make anonymous comments, because as they said "not all anonymous comments are negative", that I would post any comments emailed to me I am being as good as my word, I received this tonight:

I've just been reading 'Ee's a miserable git' (is it true? :) )
It looks like a great walk with fantastic views (and great photos!). As someone who has spent the whole day doing manual labour (helping a friend redecorate) I'm also feeling the pain, but with none of the additional fresh air benefits! This looks like a far more exhilarating way to spend an afternoon!

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

Being the 'Ee' in question it would be rather biased of me to comment on whether or NOT 'Ee's' a miserable git. But having said that I am a pretty amiable sort of bloke really and not in the least a miserable old git, well not much anyway; maybe just on a day to day basis!

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Blogger BondWoman said...

Yes he is miserable. You lot don't live with him.

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely you can't think he's that bad as you choose to live with him??? ;)

Monday, March 27, 2006  
Blogger BondWoman said...

You'd be surprised...

Monday, March 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....I believe it is optional - locks can be changed.





(sorry bondbloke)

I'm sure he has plenty of redeeming qualities

Monday, March 27, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

I am here and reading all of this you know and there could be consequences if such defamatory comment continue BW - like me going on strike!

Monday, March 27, 2006  
Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

A fool-proof guide to conjugal bliss is "Mrs Lupin's Marital Harmony for the Modern Generation" (Collins 1902), it has done wonders for myself and the dead Mrs Jones. Her chapter on "watching starlings with the lodger," we felt to be particularly pertinent.

Monday, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home