Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Tay Bridge Disaster

I was more than pleased to accept an invitation to contribute to this excellent blog and hope that I can fit in without too much trouble. I thought that in keeping with the location of this blog my first post should be something Scottish.

'Twas a grim winter night back in the dim and distant past, the 28th December 1879 to be more precise, when Mother Nature decided to create a disaster of immense proportions; a disaster which gave rise to one of the finest poems ever written by a man who, in my opinion, was a poetic genius! For the more ghoulish amongst you greater detail of the disaster, complete with piccy's, can be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

My most favourite poem ever!

Sunday, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Anon E Mouse said...

I think that it is indeed a fine poem, but there are a lot of people out there who will disagree with us Jane - some people just have no soul.

Sunday, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home