Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Police may be slow but...

Oddly Enough News Article Reuters.co.uk

I think that this just goes to show that the Police, even the American variety, get there eventually; it might take 37 years but the stolen property is eventually found even if the original criminal is not. I think that our "boys/girls in blue" do a great job on the whole; I know that there are a lot of people out there who mistrust them, but I think that in general if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Yes, there are times when they get it badly wrong, and this is what is mostly highlighted in the scaremongering tabloid press; what if for a change the good bits, the times when they get it right and save lives etc. were highlighted, maybe then our perception of the police force might change a little. To be honest they have a tough enough job as it is without constantly having the tabloids on their back, and I have to say that I for one would not do the job, or face the sort of things that these dedicated people have to face day after day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home