Wednesday, July 05, 2006

This Blog is not Asleep - But it is close to Dead!

I think that a wake up call is needed here, before this blog retires to that great blogyard in the aether! Ye Gods, I turn my back for a few minutes and what happens? NOTHING! That's what happens; the posts are so sparse here these days I am amazed that there are any readers at all. At least before my old mate BondBloke retired from here there was a bit of liveliness, winding up the loonies and what not. Maybe I should take up where he left off, or maybe start a campaign of some sort to help the intellectually challenged, but perhaps they wouldn't understand the principles involved. Ah, I know, how about an RFG campaign? Any supportes will be welcome...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

"Summertime - and the livin' is easy..."

But blogging is actually hard work, especially if you want to avoid trite and cheap statements of the obvious (a sin to which I will admit occasional guilt). The WLQ has been flogged to death (although Freedland in The Guardian today is still catching up); the Scottish parliament is on holiday - again; who cares about Prescott, his multiple mistresses and his obfuscations over his Texas weekend; and what can you say about Tommy and the red PVC gloves that wouldn't be excessively sordid.

But, BW, I expect you to rise above the detritus of today's news and to give us some intellectual stimulation. So, when you go to bed tonight, think hard about the brilliant post that we await from you tomorrow morning, something that will shiver our timbers, make us doff our hats and shout "Chapeaux, Monsieurs!" (or Madame as the case may be).

We're relying on you...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home