Monday, May 22, 2006

More lazy photo blogging

It's been a funny few days chez The Original BondBloke. First, we had a tremendous peak on Friday with lots of extraneous visitors stopping by because I blogged the piano found on Ben Nevis earlier in the week. It later became big international news, provoking masses of google searches. Even today, Bondbloke is on the first page of the search results. I wonder what the visitors thought when they arrived...


But mainly, the Bonds have been very busy recently refurbishing a flat for Junior Bond, and I find it surprisingly difficult to compose posts when I have sore hands from handling a wallpaper scraper in anger for two days. We are making reasonable progress on the destruction phase of the refurbishment so far, but there is a long way to go. Pictures below...I forgot to do the before ones, so there will only be during and after.

Anyway, I thought I would resort to some lazy photo blogging to make up for the lack of proper input, but forgot that I find it damn difficult to position photos easily on blogger, so in fact I have spent longer on this post than on many of my more substantial ones!

Anyway, above you will a picture of part of the Sultan's Elephant street installation, which brought London to a halt a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued to find this outside the British Academy when I went there for a meeting.


And then all has not been lost on the walking and exercising front. Although the weather has been deteriorating, we managed to have a lovely day out a week last Sunday on a walk over Arthur's Seat, with a friend this time, to the Sheep Heid in Duddingston. The Sheep Heid is another one of my google search favourites. Brings a lot of passing trade to this blog. Again we are on the first page of the search results, for my very affectionate review.





This weekend, with the same friend and her partner, we took to the car and went over towards Loch Lomond, to find better weather than the dreich rubbish we were experiencing in Edinburgh. We succeeded, and had a lovely drive ending up at Inversnaid Pier overlooking Loch Lomond from the east, and walked up to Rob Roy's Viewpoint to take snaps. I hope that Bondbloke will blog this properly on the "outdoor" blog and put his photos (much better than mind) on flickr. But he is dog-tired from a surplus of very physical work on the new flat. So I leave you with a couple of gorgeous pictures of that for your delectation and delight... You won't believe just how much input into previous renovations on that flat the famous firm of "bodge-it, leave-it and hope" has had. Or maybe you would. I'm sure everyone has seen it before.















Bondbloke contemplating what to do about the fact that the glass window between the kitchen has simply been covered up with linoleum tiles and hardboard and painted/papered over. He attacked it - violently. It doesn't look anything like that now!




The corner of the small bedroom. Just a smidgeon of the acres of yellow-painted wallpaper we have all been busy removing. Stubborn stuff, thick stuff, with goopy glue. Not like modern wallpaper at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger BondWoman said...

BTW I was going to say that BondBloke mounted a "vendetta" on the kitchen wall, but that would have been giving the game away, wouldn't it?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home