Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rendition Flights

Watching the news tonight and there was yet another story about rendition flights. I know that once again I am on a topic that has already been touched on elsewhere by RoadRunner.The story tonight was about evidence gathered of rendition flights using Scottish airports for refueling, and Amnesty's call for a public enquiry; MEP's are also concerned and want answers to these questions. Meanwhile, protestors are doing their best to keep this subject in full view of the public; whilst at the same time Jack Straw is denying that such flights are using UK bases and airports. I find myself asking "who do I believe?", the answer is simple I believe people like Amnesty by a country mile before I would believe anything that this morally bankrupt government says; after all we have had nothing but lies from this government for so long now that I cannot bring myself to believe anything they say; if Tony Blair told me that the sun will rise tomorrow, I would want ot wait and see it for myself before believing him.

A public enquiry is needed into the whole issue of rendition flights, and whether or not they are using UK airports; and it should be a totally independent inquiry, not something overseen by one of Tony's mates who will do exactly what the government wants (sweep it under the mat).

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandira said...

Exactly, good for you. So much has been swept under the mat here in the USA. Makes me sick.
I'm an Amnesty member for these very reasons.

Tony Bliar, I am really unsure if he is the lesser of 2 evils. I remember Thatcher and the Miner's strikes and all that stuff well enough to be hoping Blair stays in, which is scary... Unless the Lib dems have a hope in hell.

Thursday, April 06, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

Unfortunately the problem is that there is no credible alternative at present. I know that Thatcher (ARGHHHH) was bad, but at least you knew where you were with her, and she never lied to the dgree that this morally bankrupt bunch do.

Thursday, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home