Monday, March 20, 2006

Anonymous Comments Blocked

I have taken the decision to block all anonymous comments on this blog because of people like this who want the privilege of attacking those who do not hold their point of view but do not want the consequences that the person they attack might have the temerity to answer them; hence their complaints that they can no longer leave comments. I also notice that they have posted one of my email addresses; so I will give them fair warning to save them wasting their time, this mailbox has now been deleted, so it will be of no use to them whatsoever. I do take note however that they do not have the courage of their convictions; it is fine for them to publish someone's email address, but nowhere is there to be found a contact address for any of them, this strikes me as rank hypocrisy.

Update:

This is what happens when you try to put forward a serious, reasoned argument.

5 Comments:

Blogger BondWoman said...

I think the funniest thing about the bit of the forum you link to is that they talk about the blog being soooo slowwww as if it were some sort of judgment of quality, or personal characteristic of the bloggers...

Monday, March 20, 2006  
Blogger deviousdiva said...

It's always a shame to have to do this. (Sadly I cannot with my up to date profile now! Only my old blogger one) Why do these people find it necessary to attack evryone and not even do it cleverly. I've had a couple recently who are barely literate but they still feel themselves to be superior to everyone else. Keep your head up.

Monday, March 20, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

Ta=hanks for the support it took a long hard think before I blocked the anonymous buggers, because not all anonymous comments are negative - no fear of my head going down I am not one to hide behind the parapet of anonymity...

Monday, March 20, 2006  
Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

I missed all the excitement whilst I was away ! Some great posts and I'm sorry you attracted some of the completely barmy English nationalist crowd. As regards the status of Cornwall etc, I agree with you entirely regarding it's constitutional/historical position. One of the things I love about Cornwall is the fact that it isn't Southern England. It has it's own character and history and long may that continue.
An English Parliament is a ludicrous idea - Westminster is essentially that already with a few Celtic trimmings. The "English" as the UK majority have shown no real appetite for a new parliament seperate from their historical one hence the paltry results of the English Democrats and the failure of the CEP to become anything other than a committed but very fringe body that largely talks to itself.
There needs to be devolution within England, but another parliament would solve nothing - giving much more power to local authorities is a much better idea and one around which all three major parties are coalescing. I'm Yorkshire first and foremost, then a Northerner but have no problem being British and European and occassionally English when it suits me !

Tuesday, March 21, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

OH! A breath of fresh air, someone who understands the problems and is prepared to read and think, what BLISS! Completely agree with you Martyn so does this guy who has also take some flak from the loonies whose only intention is to attack those who disagree with them. Thanks for the support - Like you I am Cornish first, Europen second and British for the census; after this weekend the jury is still out on whether I am English - no I'm bloody not!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home