Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Smoke Free Environment

Not before time have MP's seen sense and voted for a total ban on smoking in enclosed environments! Of course, as usual, Scotland is leading the way yet again with a ban coming into force in March, at least a year before that south of the border; and I for one am looking forward to it. But I digress, that is not the purpose of this rant as we all know, without it being reinforced, that Scotland is a much more enlightened place. What really annoyed me this morning was hearing one of the pro-smoking lobby raving on about the infringement of the civil liberties of smokers. Well that is rich coming from a minority of people who are hell bent on polluting the atmosphere and endangering the health of all that they come into contact with (that they are endangering their own health is a matter for their own conscience); the question I have is, what about the civil liberties of all of us non-smokers? Oh, sorry, I forgot, the smokers are a poor down trodden minority and need all the help that they can get! Well I for one am looking forward to the day when I can go to the pub and come home again smelling as fresh as when I went out and not stinking of cigarette smoke, with no sore throat from breathing the pollution caused by smokers, and best of all having enjoyed my evening to an extent which is not at present possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home