Friday, February 24, 2006

An Excellent Idea

This is more in the nature of an internal memo, but is posted here to allow others to see the how BondBloke's mind works! Yesterday BondWoman posted a piece about National Pub Week, and had the temerity to remark that the pub was the natural habitat of BondBloke; a scurrilous rumour I hasten to add! RoadRunner responded to this almost immedately:-

RoadRunner said...
"Seems to me there is an opportunity here to have a 'pub-of-the-week (month)' slot on Bondbloke's blog...then bloggers could provide an insiders' tour of local hostleries (history, culture, amenity, range of drink, etc.) with a view to providing a much-needed guide for locals and visitors alike!"

Now, I have mused long and hard upon the wisdom of these words, and I think that there is more than some merit in them; I think that it is the social and civic duty of the BondBloke Blog community to make this ultimate sacrifice, at least once a week, and to go forth into the denizens of this great and beautiful city and check out its watering holes for the quality of their historic, cultural, alcoholic values/virtues marked alongside any other amenities which they might offer.

So, be warned landlords we might descend on YOU!

2 Comments:

Blogger BondWoman said...

BondBloke I wish you would cut out the big letters. Just sooo vulgar, darling. And I think that you will find that you don't mean "denizens" but "drinking dens"...

Friday, February 24, 2006  
Blogger BondBloke said...

I know exactly what I mean - and a little vulgarity never hurt anyone!!!

Friday, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home