Thursday, February 16, 2006

Berlusconi and Mussolini in Election Pact

Definitely has the capacity to shock, doesn't it, that headline? It's stolen from EUPolitix which contains also links to newspapers (in Italian, French and Polish, mind) reporting that Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (this is the best post I've seen about him recently, mind you) and granddaughter of Benito Mussolini, far right politician Alessandra Mussolini have entered into an electoral pact. Does this demonstrate that "Jesus" is getting desperate? The sad thing is that the alternative is worthy, but desperately, desperately dull and hardly a happy set of campers anyway. See here on OpenDemocracy for some thought provoking commentary on what a real democratic alternative in Italy might look like from Geoff Andrews.

Update, five minutes later - there I was thinking I was being quick and smart on this one, and getting the hang of this blogging business and woe is me I have a quick look at Europhobia, and he has it too. I wasn't copying, promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home