Thursday, April 13, 2006

Musical States

Posted on behalf of Roadrunner

Well, the poll to determine that US State which has made the greatest contribution to contemporary music has run its course. And I can now announce that the result is a dead heat between New York and Michigan with each recording 30% of the votes cast. Next up was Tennessee with 22%, followed by California on 7% and Texas and Illinois brining up the rear with 6% each. I’m tempted to let it rest at that, but as the poll originator I feel a moral duty to break the tie by casting my own vote – which will go to Michigan, making it the very narrow winner. But only just…All in all I think the results just about get it right, although I am a bit surprised that California was so far behind. I mean – summer of love, Doors, surfs up, and all that Byrds/Jackson Browne/Eagles/Sly Stone/Chilli Peppers and Zappa stuff. Not that I’m complaining. Detroit does it for me, although Texas is where I’d like to hang out!

Thanks to all who polled. And for the grumblers – which inevitably included my dear friend Norm – well I guess I’d have to acknowledge that Louisiana might have made the list, although as a lover of the blues, not having Mississippi was a bit of a faux pas methinks! Ho Hum. Live and learn…

1 Comments:

Blogger BondWoman said...

There were about 54 votes, if I recall. So work it out for yourself!

Friday, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home