Monday, February 20, 2006

Holocaust Denial

BBC NEWS World Europe Irving Holocaust trial under way

Are those who deny the Holocaust stupid or simply so blinkered that they do not see the evidence that they do not want to see? The evidence for the Holocaust is ovewhelming, and yet there are people out there who actively deny that it happened and claim that it was all a hoax. My usual inclination when I disagree with someone's views is that although I may disagree with you I defend your right to say what you think; however, this is one area in which I would never defend anyones right to spout such rubbish, and in fact would actively campaign to shut them up. The frightening thing is that most such people are intelligent, thinking people, and yet they still hold such outlandish, obnoxious views.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I shall be watching this trial with great interest as well. Everyone who denies the Holocaust only needs to visit Auschwitz to see the evidence. It is the most haunting place I've ever been to.

Monday, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home